Chocolate and wine…oh, two of my favourite things. So, when given the chance to taste the pairings put together for Lindt by Master Chocolatier, Stephan Bruderer, and Master of Wine, Sarah Jane Evans, I was more than happy to oblige.
Pairings I tried were Jacob’s Creek Sauvignon Blanc with the Lindt Excellence Dark Mint Intense chocolate and Jacob’s Creek Australian Shiraz with both the Excellence Dark 85% Cocoa. I also tried this wine with the Touch of Sea Salt and it did not disappoint.
I have had red wines and chocolates before but the white wine and mint chocolate was a surprise and very nice.
Other suggested pairings on my list to try are the Excellence Dark Chilli with a woody and earthy Claret. Sounds mysterious and worthy of the holidays! Or, the Dark Orange Intense with a cold Chenin Blanc.
I like having pantry items on hand for an impromptu visit or longer than planned pub trip. Stocking up on some chocolates and wine for a chic dessert is a great plan anytime but especially around the holidays when everyone is busier than normal so I will be doing just that.
To help fill the pantry for the coming months, Lindt has offered one reader 12 bars across the Excellence and Creation ranges. List below.
x1 Excellence Milk Extra Creamy
x1 Excellence A touch of Vanilla
x1 Excellence 90% cocoa
x1 Excellence 70% cocoa
x1 Excellence Mint Intense
x1 Excellence Chilli
x1 Excellence Orange Intense
x1 Excellence A touch of Sea Salt
x1 Creations Luscious Caramel (it really is luscious!)
x1 Creations Divine Hazelnut
x1 Creations Velvety Vanilla Almond
x1 Creations Sumptuous Dark Orange
For a chance to win, simply leave a comment below about your favourite sweets and/or tweet the suggested line below.
Lindt are offering the 12 chocolate bars listed above for the LondonBusyBody competition.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways:
1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, answering the following question:
What is your favourite recipe or way to use chocolate bars for a treat?
2 – Twitter
Follow @LondonBusyBody on twitter. Existing followers are invited to enter as well.
Tweet the sentence below. You can tweet once per day for a daily entry in the competition.
“I would like to win #Lindt chocolates #giveaway from the Excellence and Creation ranges @LondonBusyBody”
3 – Blog Like
Simply “Like” this post
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 7th December 2012.
- LondonBusyBody reserves the right to alter the closing date of the competition. Changes to the closing date, if they occur, will be shown on this page.
- The winners will be selected from all valid entries via comment and tweet.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- The prizes are offered and to be provided directly by Lindt.
- Prizes are to be provided by a third party and LondonBusyBody accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- Prize is deliverable to a UK address.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- One blog comment entry or like entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person per day whilst the competition runs. You do not have to enter both ways for your entries to be valid.
- If the winning entry is via Twitter, winner must be following @LondonBusyBody at the time of notification as the winner will be notified by Direct Message.
- If the winning entry is via a blog comment, entrant must have provided a valid email address.
- The winners will be notified by email (for blog comment) or twitter (for twitter entries).
- So that the winner receives the chocolates before the holiday season kicks off, if no response is received within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected and contacted.
Note: LondonBusyBody was provided with Lindt chocolates and Jacob’s Creek wine to sample.
This competition is now closed. Thank you to those who participated.